Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baton Rouge KOA/Tall Pines Campground



I am behind on my posts so I will catch up a few days. Joe and I left Baton Rouge on April 11th. I don't have alot to say about the Baton Rouge KOA in Denham Springs, LA. It was just OK. (Joe and our next door neighbor called it a "dump", but I have seen worse!) I will say that the public spaces ....the pool, hot tub, office, kitchen and laundry rooms were nice. However, the sites were very close and the roads were full of potholes. The  doggie park would have been OK if it had not rained .... it was way soggy from a drainage issue. Our best times at the park were spent in the city recreational park behind the KOA. It was named South Park....




Back in March I had called to make a reservation at Tall Pines RV Park in Shreveport, LA. It was on our route and easy to get to. It is a friendly, privately owned park, small and so clean. When we pulled in, Joe and I were both so impressed. We had a pull-through with a level concrete pad and a patio with table and chairs. The puppies enjoyed the doggie park. It was big enough to play ball in so Jack and Wrecks were  happy! If you are ever in the Shreveport area.....check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment